Step Mobile Inc.
Step x Michael Le Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKE. U.S. LAW GOVERNS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SWEEPSTAKES NOT OPEN TO FLORIDA AND NEW YORK RESIDENTS.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Sponsor: The Step x Michael Le Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) is administered by Step Mobile, Inc., located at 120 Hawthorne Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301 (the “Sponsor”).
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on December 7, 2021 at 9:01a.m. EST and ends at 11:59PM PST (“Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will conduct one (1) Drawing (“Drawing”). Only one entry per natural person per Individual Sweepstakes Period. If you have previously been selected in any Individual Sweepstakes Period, you may not enter again in any subsequent Individual Sweepstakes Period.
4. MANDATORY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM DISCLOSURE. The Sweepstakes in its entirety is not endorsed, sponsored, or affiliated with any platforms, whether social media, game, or gaming platform (“third party platforms”). The third party platforms required to participate in the Sweepstakes have their own terms and use and their own privacy policies, which you must agree to in order to participate in the Sweepstake. When you create an account, you are providing your information to these third party platforms and agreeing to their terms and conditions, for which Sponsor has no control. When you participate in the Sweepstakes, the information you provide specific to the Sweepstakes will be used by Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules.
5. How to Enter: To enter you must complete the following:
2) Create a TikTok account or log in to your existing TikTok account
3) Follow Step Mobile (@step) on TikTok
4) Post your Step account username ($username) in the comment section of the Michael Le giveaway video on Tik Tok.
Your post constitutes an entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries for each Individual Sweepstakes Period must be received no later than Friday at 11:59 p.m. PST during the Sweepstakes Period, according to the computer time listed on the social media platform, or according to Sponsor’s internal time clock. Any entries received after 11:59 p.m. on the day the Sweepstakes ends will not be considered. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, or incomplete entries. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification of Selected Entrant: Each qualified entry will be entered into several random drawings to take place about 9:00 a.m. PT, on or about the day after the Sweepstakes Period ends. Drawings will be done by a representative of Sponsor, from among all qualified entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (“Selected Entrants”).
There will be 553 Selected Entrants drawn, each of whom will be awarded between $10 and $500, using a random number generator to determine the amount (double-blind) at the time of drawing. The Selected Entrants will be notified by a direct message via the Step App, Tik Tok, Instagram, Twitter, or via Email. The Selected Entrant will have 48 hours to respond to the notification or else another Selected Entrant will be chosen. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, s/he/they will be determined by the authorized account holder of the Step account submitted at time of entry. Once Selected Entrants have provided all necessary information Step will credit their Step accounts with the Sweepstakes amount.
Total Value of Prizes: $30,000.00
8. Publicity: By participating in the Sweepstakes, any Entrant in the Promotion, irrevocably grants the Sponsor and its respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Entrant’s name, any submitted photographs, and/or Entrant’s biographical information in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Sweepstakes or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
9. General Conditions: By participating, and except where prohibited, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of the Selected Entrant. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution, except where prohibited.
10. Limitations of Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the same Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period or the following Sweepstakes Period. Except where prohibited, Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Michael Le, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Promotion, generally. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees are not responsible for delays or cancellations related to a pandemic, including COVID-19, computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure or incompatibility, typographical, technical or key-stroke errors, or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Promotion as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to pandemic, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. Disputes and Governing Law: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION THAT CANNOT BE RESOLVED BETWEEN SELECTED ENTRANT AND ANY RELEASEE ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of California. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Sweepstakes Results: For Sweepstakes result and/or a copy of these Official Rules, within 120 days, send an email to email@example.com with the title “Step Inc. #StepGiveaways” in the subject line.
© 2021, Step Mobile, Inc. All rights reserved.